1. All Day Activity TrackingThe Fitbit Charge 3 will track different types of activities throughout your day. Some of the activities tracked include:
- Steps – how many steps you take during the day. It is said that 10,000 steps is the daily recommended step goal for an adult.
- Distance – you have walked or run for the day
- Floors climbed – knows when you are going up or down in elevation, enabling it to count floor climbed in a day
- Active Minutes – when you’re doing activity more strenuous than a regular walk
- Calories Burned – calories burned in the day
2. DesignOne of the hardest parts about a healthy routine and lifestyle, would have to be sticking to it. The slim design makes the Charge 3 comfortable to wear without feeling heavy or bulky. It also has interchangeable bands, so you can dress your Charge 3 up with a simple band change. Interchangeable bands will allow you to wear even your tracker out to dinner or on special occasions. By designing the Charge 3 like this, makes it easy to wear all the time. This will ensure your tracking your daily activity and staying on track no matter where you are or what you’re doing.
3. 24/7 Heart RateYour heart rate refers to the number of times your heart beats per minute. Monitoring your heart rate throughout the day may assist in spotting developing health problems. Drastic rises or drops in your heart rate may mean there’s something wrong and may need to take a trip to your doctor. Be aware that the Fitbit Charge 3 is not a medical device and cannot diagnose or treat any diseases.
Keeping an eye on your heart during a workout is a great way to also see if you’re pushing yourself. If you fall in to a bad routine and slack off for a couple of weeks, your resting heart rate may increase. A great way to motivate you to get back to the gym.
4. Swim ProofIf your choice of exercise involves water, the Charge 3 can still assist you! Being water resistant up to 50-meters and with the ability to automatically track swims, this will definitely have you excited to jump in the pool and smash some personal records!
As the Charge 3 is water resistant, you can also wear it in the shower. You won’t have the risk of forgetting to put your tracker back on, so you don’t miss out on any data collected.
5. Cardio Fitness LevelsThe Fitbit Charge 3 can give you a personalised cardio fitness level. It uses your cardio fitness score along with your age and sex to calculate your cardio fitness level. This will determine how you compare to other people who have the same age and sex as you. You will be given 1 of 6 scores that range from poor to excellent. You may have a low cardio fitness level, which will encourage you to exercise so it improves.
6. Reminders to MoveThere’s no slacking off when it comes to the Fitbit Charge 3. This device will make sure you walk 250 steps every hour, by reminding you 10 minutes before the hour if you haven’t.. Don’t worry though, the device can sense if you’re asleep, so it won’t be waking you up with any reminders. This feature is perfect for those who have a job that involves sitting down for most the day, as you can often forget to get up and move around.
7. All Day Calorie BurnDepending on what your personal goals are, tracking calories may be something you need to do. The Fitbit Charge 3 can track the number of calories burnt throughout the day. You can use this information to help with diet plans or weight loss. Calories can also be a great way to motivate you during your workouts. If you notice you’re not burning as many calories as usual, you will push yourself a little harder.
8. Sleep Tracking and StagesSleep is so good for your health. If you’re busy or overworked, chances are you aren’t getting enough sleep. Most healthy adults need between 7-9 hours of sleep a night. The Charge 3 can assist you by tracking your sleep and sleep stages. The three stages the device tracks are Light Sleep, Deep Sleep and REM Sleep. You also have the option to set sleep goals, to encourage you to get enough sleep every night.
9. 15 + Exercise ModesYou can choose from over 15 exercise modes. Some of the modes include swimming, running, walking and weights. Want more? You can even set the calorie goals for the workout or the distance you want to go. This is perfect for giving you that extra push you need during your workout.
10. Guided Breathing SessionsDeep breathing has shown to lower blood pressure, reduce stress and lessen anxiety. When focusing on your breathing, your inhales and exhales need to be deep, slow and even. It can be hard for some people to get in to the rhythm. This is where the Charge 3 can help with its guided breathing sessions and ability to personalise it by using your heart rate.
11. Battery LifeThe Fitbit Charge 3 has an outstanding battery life of 7 days. You’re probably thinking “how does this help assist with a healthy lifestyle?”. A long battery life means you won’t have to take it off as often to charge it. Most people forget to put their trackers back on, meaning they will be missing out on all the benefits the Charge 3 has to offer.
Living a healthy lifestyle is so important and it’s no secret, it can be challenging. The Charge 3 comes jam packed with some great features that will no doubt assist with your health and fitness routine. Being able to keep track of different types of data can also be a fantastic motivator. Nothing is more important than your health, so getting a Charge 3 may be worth the investment.