Garmin Venu Sq Specifications
Let's get a better idea of exactly how many advanced features this fitness watch has. In partnership with a modern slimline design, the Garmin Venu Sq is a great fit for anyone.
- Price is around AUD 299
- Available colours include slate/shadow grey, gold/white, and orchid purple
- Size 40.6 x 37 x 11.5mm fits wrists measuring 125-190mm
- Silicone quick release band (20mm industry standard)
- Touchscreen controls and navigation
- Included in the box is the Venu Sq, charging and data cable and documentation
- Battery life is up to 6 days in smartwatch mode or up to 14 hours in GPS mode
- Water-resistant to 5 ATM or 40m depth
- Bluetooth and ANT+ connectivity
- GPS enabled
- Compatible with iPhone and Android smartphones
- Garmin Pay compatible
- Garmin Connect smartphone app
- Rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Weight is 37.6g
- Colour liquid crystal display with an optional always-on mode
- Display resolution is 240 x 240 pixels
- The display size is 33.1mm diagonal
- The lens material is Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- The casing material is a fibre-reinforced polymer
- Case size available in 40mm or 45mm
- Anodised aluminium bezel
- Optional premium features such as high-res AMOLED display, traditional round watch design with stain steel casing
- More optional extras include animated on-screen workouts and health snapshot
- 200hours of activity data internal memory
- Clock features include time/date, GPS time sync, and automatic daylight saving time
- Alarm clock, timer, stopwatch, sunrise, and sunset times
- Health monitoring includes daily resting and abnormal heart rate, respiration rate and blood oxygen saturation
- Monitoring of fitness age, body battery, stress, relaxation, sleep, hydration
- Women's menstrual cycle monitoring
- Activity tracking includes step counter, calories burned, auto goal, distance travelled
- You can also track your move bar, intensity minutes, Trueup, Move IQ and app challenges
- Safety and tracking features include live track, incident detection, and assistance
- Smart notifications plus connect IQ, texts, calls, calendar and weather
- Control smartphone music, find my phone and find my watch
- Gym and fitness features include gym activity profiles and auto rep counting
- Monitor your cardio workouts, yoga workouts, pilates workouts and strength workouts
- Training planning and analysis features include heart rate zones, heart rate alerts, heart rate calories, percentage heart rate max and heart rate broadcast
- Monitor respiration rate during yoga and breathwork
- Track GPS speed and distance
- Customisable activity profiles and data pages, advanced workouts and downloadable training plans
- Controls such as auto-pause, auto lap, manual lap, touch and button lock, auto-scroll,
- See VO2 max, activity history on the watch and Physio Trueup
- Sensors include GLONASS, galileo, and Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor
- Other sensors include a compass, accelerometer, thermometer, and ambient light sensor
- Running features include run profiles such as running, indoor track running and treadmill running, and run workouts
- Also track GPA based distance time and pace, number of steps per minute, and foot pod capable
- Outdoor recreation profiles such as skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand up paddle boarding and rowing
- Useful outdoor recreation features are back to start, area calculation, hunt/fish calendar and sun and moon information
- Golfing features include yardage to f/m/b, yardage to layups/doglegs, shot distance and digital scoreboard
- Other golf features are the Garmin auto shot, green view with manual pin position, stat tracking, hazards and course targets, round timer/odometer and pinpointer
- Swimming features include pool swimming profile, pool swim metrics, and stroke type detection
- Swimming time and distance alerts, basic rest timer and underwater wrist-based heart rate
- Cycling features include goal alerts, biking and indoor biking cycling profiles, speed and cadence sensor support
- Compatible with the Varia RTL510 Radar Tail Light and Varia UT800 Smart Headlight Urban Edition
- Kids activity tracking features include toe-to-toe challenges app
That's a lot of tech in one fitness watch! It will tell you everything you need to know about your activity and progress to boost your motivation to be more active.
Most Popular Features
There are thousands of fitness trackers and smartwatches out there on the market today. So what makes the Garmin Venu Sq so popular?
This is the first high-spec fitness watch with such a comprehensive suite of features, with an entry-level price tag. You get the famous Garmin watch quality and the majority of the features of the more expensive Garmin fitness watches for a more affordable price.
Smart Watch Design
The rectangle-shaped display exhibits a more modern and minimalist smartwatch look compared to the traditional round face sports watch style of the other models in the Venu range. This is perfect for those who aren't fond of the typical sports watch look and want something a little similar to the Apple watch style but with the great Garmin features.
Long Battery Life
Forgetting to charge your fitness watch can cause a speed bump in your progress, it's happened to us all. With an impressive 6 days of battery life from a single charge, you don't need to charge it as often as other fitness watches.
Option To Upgrade
Some people want all their favourite music on their fitness watch, others prefer to have it stored on their mobile device instead. Garmin has cleverly given you the option to choose. The Venu Sq connects to your device via Bluetooth, or you can upgrade to the music edition to be able to store up to 500 songs from your music provider via WiFi connection.
How Does It Differ From The Venu 2?
The predecessor of the Garmin Venu 2, the Sq is the cheaper slimline version with almost the same Garmin watch specs.
With a difference of more than AUD 300, the Garmin Venu Sq is the more affordable model. Of course, which one you go for depends on your budget and specification preferences.
The minimalistic Sq has the option to connect to your mobile device via Bluetooth to play your music. Whereas the Venu 2 connects to your music provider via WiFi and can store up to 2000 songs.
Both models have great quality colour liquid crystal displays. With a more expensive model like the Venu 2, you get a higher resolution display. Although the screen is 3mm smaller than the Sq. The Venu 2 is also round and the Sq rectangular.
The Sq beats the Venu 2 in battery life by one whole day with 6 days battery life from one charge compared to Venu 2's 5 days. Both models have a 14-hour battery life when GPS is running.
Owning a Garmin Venu Sq
There are so many benefits of using a fitness tracker from improving your sleep to helping with weight loss. Their popularity has gone through the roof in the last decade and they have proven to be extremely effective.
Owning a Garmin Venu Sq will certainly get you motivated to move more and give you a feeling of excitement as you explore your new piece of wearable fitness tech.
Track Your Progress
There is nothing like that feeling of accomplishment when you smash your daily step goals or finish that morning workout you committed to. With super accurate health and activity tracking, you can be confident in your fitness analysis results and watch your progress improve day by day.
Enjoy Working Out
Exercise is easier when it's fun! The Garmin Venu Sq provides you with enjoyable cardio, yoga, pilates, and strength workouts. You can also enjoy and track your favourite active hobbies or try new ones such as skiing, golf, running, stand-up paddleboarding, cycling, and rowing.
Link up with your friends or via the Garmin connect app and whether you work out together or not, you can support each other and keep each other motivated. You can even get customised workouts from your Garmin coach and helpful articles and videos.
One of the best features is the option to personalise your Sq. It is available in three colour options to suit your style. Choose from metallic orchid purple, slate with shadow grey, and light gold with white.
They all come with a silicone wristband as standard. However, there is a stunning selection of Garmin Venu Sq bands and accessories to choose from to give your fitness watch a personal touch with ultimate comfort.
Get Motivated With the Garmin Venu Sq
You may have used a fitness tracker before but gave up on it because it was too much hassle to charge so often or it wasn't waterproof or it wasn't accurate enough.
If you have been out of the game for a little while and need a little boost of motivation, give the Garmin Venu Sq a try. We guarantee it will be a total game-changer.
Shop Garmin Shop Local
By personalising your Garmin Venu Sq, you will make it so comfortable and suited to you that you will be happy to wear it all day every day.
Check out our Garmin accessories collection for the best savings on Garmin products in Australia. Buy local and support your local Australian business based in Melbourne.